Tuesday 21 August 2007

The Ruler & The Contender

Have we reached a major ideological turning point? Where traditional ideas of what it means to be politically left or right wing have all but collapsed

No longer can I see a clear defining political image, representing an ideal to which I choose to show strong support and enlist. Yet the process has not failed, neither has any strive for the greater good been lost. I believe not in one party, the rights of left nor the lefts of right, the process and the process alone has my vote.

Voices separated by only distinct colouring, challenging an altogether common belief into thrashing any pitfalls from the direction we take. This process that develops with a rapidity matched only by the humanity that created it. We choose as one to freshen our lead, we choose as one to allow role reversal, to allow a process which in its nature of Ruler and Contender, enables each party an attempt to strive forward and time to reassess its position within a very ‘modern’ dilemma, all on the same rhythmic beat as the changing world in which we live.

There is no doubt that our leaders falter, the process is far from perfect and there will always be significant restructuring required, but as long as such development remains a possibility there will always be hope.

Conservative, Labour/Democratic, Republican. If the leadership is achieving all I expect and at least some of what I hope, then would it not be a sensible move to always vote for them again? If change is required then change will have my favour. I have no party nor do have a strong desire to be associated with one, I hope that perhaps someday soon my political fuse will be lit, but in the mean time I can live safe in the knowledge that the process itself continues to serve its purpose.

No comments: