Friday 24 August 2007

None The Wiser, Never Will Be

Should we begin to question God’s motives for a ‘Perfect World’ when you take into account the pitfalls we encounter on a regular basis?

Whilst I am happy to accept that there are things within our universe that I will never be able to understand; time travel, astrophysics, Gary Neville at right back, etc. Surely, does it not make divine sense to grant us the ability to comprehend those things that affect us directly?

I do not ask for a level of knowledge to enter mindless quizzes, nor do I request entry into MENSA, but perhaps maybe, just maybe I might be graced with the appropriate number of brain cells to muddle through life without the confused facial expression that I almost permanently seem to maintain; a small favour to ask surely?

Consider our inability to understand the opposite sex.

Why would the ultimate force in the universe make it all but impossible to grasp an opposing view on life, especially when it provides one of the main stumbling blocks to relationships/children/the survival of mankind?

God therefore is a Muppet.

We can strive all our lives to successfully decode our counterparts thought processes, yet try as we might, we always seem to fall short of complete comprehension.

Yes these verses are laced with humour and yes this is one of the many questions where the writer is struck with an inability to answer. And yes the writer is male so he can only relate to a male point of view. Apologies, the late edition will almost certainly include a female rationale.

I have digressed into mindless sarcasm. But please won’t someone write a text concise and accessible enough for a simpleton such as myself, to grasp the workings of a female mind.

Man would certainly benefit, God should take note; when the saviour returns for a second visit won’t he please bring with him such a text.

I pray before I sleep.

No comments: